Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Mesh and loop - Want to clarify some concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.

d123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Want to clarify some concepts in my head, please.

A loop can contain meshes. A loop can have loops within its own loop or form part of other loops.

A mesh is a single loop that contains no inner loops. A mesh isn't able to form part of other meshes or loops.

A junction has only two components connected to it and is e.g. the connection point of two resistor leads.

A node has at least three components connected to it - two in series, one connected perpendicularly between them - and is e.g. the starting point of a branch.

A branch is stuff like each sub-circuit coming off a supply line, or a voltage divider in a feedback path.

What is an adjustable regulator's feedback loop/mesh - a loop or a mesh, and why? Are the resistors a branch?

More than one junction happens at a node, but a node doesn't happen at a junction.

Please do my homework for me, I mean, are these definitions grasping the concepts correctly. I read that people blur mesh and loop and/or say they are or say they are not the same thing...
--- Updated ---

Other pdf'ed webpage I was looking for...

Attachments

• Kirchhoffs Circuit Law and Kirchhoffs Circuit Theory.pdf
    250.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Difference Between Loop and Mesh _ Compare the Difference Between Similar Terms.pdf
    63.9 KB · Views: 537

Hi,

I did more reading and think I can see the differences and specific meanings now.

Status
Not open for further replies.