Status
Not open for further replies.

danyxp

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone has experience with this tool for asic or fpga synthesis library creation?
I'm tryng to develop a library for old Xilinx XC6200 parts with reconfigurablility capabilities. The only one tool for sinthesis I have is Velab (a free VHDL elaborator for structural HDL designs). Does anyone has a more powerful tool for this purpouse?
Thanks in advance.

I'm interested in the XC6200 series! Since they support fast reconfiguration!

Here follow some thoughts and questions i have on the XC6200 series.

1. Have you read the paper "Designing for Xilinx XC6200 FPGAs" which can be found at: w*w.michael-herz.de/publications/paper101.pdf ???

2. I think that Xilinx is not very supportive about this series.
I thought it is discontinued! They had some good application notes, to which the paper above also refers to: XAPP082, XAPP087. But i cannot find them anywhere...

3. What is the status of the XC6200 market? What are the potential applications?

the_penetrator©

About XC6200

Penetrator,
I have read that paper an other from same and other sources, but I think it isn't too easy like they told it.
Now XC6200 is discontinued by Xilinx and they chose give reconfigurability to Virtex series, in Virtex-E with new ISE releases they give a solution to make modular reconfigurability, but I havent checked it by now.
I have a board with XC6216 from VCC and I want to use it with new tools like Leonardo Spectrum, by it I am interested in develop a library for this part wit xlibcreator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…