Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mentor to Orcad capture conversion tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

backdoor_

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mentor to orcad

I am looking for a tool that can handle the schematic conversion from Mentor's Design Architect to OrCad Capture.
The tool must be able to read the Mentor native binary file directly and convert it to Capture format.

Any one any idea?

Thanks!

backdoor_

orcad capture vs mentor capture

try camcad

why do you not use EDIF???
I think is more simple.

iuz
:sm32:

yes use edif !easy to do!!!
i don't know why somebody always said use camcad to tran schematic?????????it only tran pcb in fact!!!!!1

use e-studio program

Good !

Thanks for your inputs.
CAMCAD is for PCB translation, isn't it?
I think E-studio requires Mentor actually installed on your machine for proper schematic translation.
All I get is Mentor native schematic files so I do not have access in EDIF format.
EDIF will be the best way to go if I can convince others, otherwise I need a software something like E-studio, but more standing alone.

Cheers,

OrCad ViewReader 9.0 should do the job also. I have some experiences
with e-studio but you have to take care because not all properties are
converted properly :)

S. 8)

Would orcad Veiw reader be able to read Mentor bin format.???

I doubt , since this guy has only the mentor file and none else only a mentor tool would be able to read it.

Well, it's able to convert mentor libraries (which are in binary format).
I'm not quite sure what binary files you use, as a fact ePD is all ASCII so only the libraries are bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back