Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mentor Graphics - Precision RTL Synthesis ERROR with Altera MAX+PLUS II Place & Route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry_robotics

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Mentor Graphics - Precision RTL Synthesis ERROR with Altera MAX+PLUS II Place & Route

Hi Folks,

I'm running into some compiling/synthesis errors using the Mentor Graphics Precision RTL Synthesis software.
I'm hoping there are some real Mentor Graphics Gurus out there that can shed some light on these errors I'm getting.

I've been using Mentor Graphics "HDL Designer" and "Precsion RTL synthesis" for many years.
Recently I decided to try and compile and program a VHDL design onto an older Altera MAX 9000 series CPLD.

The EPM9560RC208 to be exact, which is a 208-Pin Quad Flat pack component.

Anyhow,
The problem I'm having is that when I generate the entire precision synthesis flow and then execute the "Altera MAX_PLUS II" Place and Route
as shown in the Screen cap further below: I get this Place and Route Error for Generating the ACF file.

The problem is also that the Folder location of the Altera MAX+PLUS II software file called "setacf.exe" is located in the MAXplus II root directory on my computer.
However, the precision synthesis software keeps trying to execute it from a default location. (See the Screen Cap).

It does this regardless of the fact that I provide the Root Directory location of the MAX plus II software within the Options menu.
This is also shown in the screen capture. See the Image link below:
(DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON THE IMAGE AFTER IT LOADS TO ZOOM IN)

Precision_RTL_Synthesis_ERROR-7508.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get around this or perhaps knows why I'm getting this error?

Any help in correcting this problem would be greatly appreciated.
I hope to hear from you.

Thank you again.
Cheers!
-Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back