Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mentor Graphics Introduction to VHDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

fazan83

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new to FPGA currently I'm working with a boards that use FPGA as an RGB LEDs collums and rows controller. We use FPGA Cyclone 2 in our boards. Can somebody please give some information related with this FPGA.

1) How do we know this FPGA is not working? If there any pins that we can measured its wave form/ voltage to verify this?

2)What is the function of PLDs or Serial memory devices that usually link with the FPGA? Can somebody advise me where I can get more information regarding this?

3)Please brief me generally how FPGA can work as a image processor? Please advise how the serial data can be converted into the image?

I am sorry if my question is too general as I am really new in this field. I can say I'm zero in this field.

Kindly, I hope somebody will answer these questions.

Thanks

Re: FPGA FAQ

ALso can somebody please give me some books that can help me learn more about the FPGA, PLD, VHDL and Verilog...THanks

There r lots of books ih this group about VHDL verilog FPGA serach and download.

Regarding FPGA How to find it is working or not. To check the working condition of fpga first is to verify that FPGA is programmed correctly or not. So there r specific pins to be chceked after programming.
The practical approach is either USE LED's or debug pins to verify internal like clock and other signals are reaching FPGA or not.

I am not sure whther u want to know the PLD or serial memory device which is used to store the FPGA build files or used for some logic purpose.
if used for Build storage then check the website of altera or xilinx and application notes.

FPGA can be programmed to work like any asic with limitation on clock speed, logic utilization etc in this way it can be programmed to work as image processor too.

rapidshare.de/files/6395415/Elsevier.ASIC.and.FPGA.Verification.ebook-LRN.pdf.html;Elsevier%20ASIC%20and%20FPGA%20Verification

just paste the above in URL..............

may be this book is of use to you..............

if the book gets useful to you...............Don't forget to push helped me button..........

good luck........................

rakesh_aadhimoolam said:
rapidshare.de/files/6395415/Elsevier.ASIC.and.FPGA.Verification.ebook-LRN.pdf.html;Elsevier%20ASIC%20and%20FPGA%20Verification

just paste the above in URL..............

may be this book is of use to you..............

if the book gets useful to you...............Don't forget to push helped me button..........

good luck........................

It doesnt work rakesh, I paste the entire things but it appeared the file is not found. Please advise....

Does anyone know any links to other books dealing with FPGA's & their programming (specially in verilog HDL)?

Extremely appreciated!!!

Kryptonite said:
Does anyone know any links to other books dealing with FPGA's & their programming (specially in verilog HDL)?

Extremely appreciated!!!

I have one book title "mentor_graphics_instroduction_to_VHDL"

good material

Added after 1 minutes:

plz sendme some topics on static timing analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.