Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MEMS Switch in CoventorWare = not getting pull-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandana

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
not getting pull-in

Hello All

I have designed a MEMS Switch in CoventorWare. But unfortunately am not getting the pullin voltage for my model. structure is as below:

1. Silicon substrate
2. Silicon dioxide
3. 3 Aluminium lines (CPW lin- G S G)
4. Dielectric layer on signal line of CPW
5. Beam made up of Aluminium

I have given same potential to the both the Ground plane of CPW and Beam
and another potential to the Signal line.

Please help me to know wheather i have done any mistake?

Thanks and Regards

Hey Bandana,

may I know what error or warning you are getting, because in your structure there is no problem. and you ar emaking no mistake in applying voltage.

Thanx for replying!!!

Actually when i was giving the different potential to ground planes and signal line, i was not getting the pull-in voltage but as soon as i have given the potential to beam and the signal line i got the pull-in voltage. But both the things that i have done are same as beam was connected to the ground lines.

Anyway thanx again!!!

regards
Bandana

Hello Bandana,

I think problem with your switch is you have not assigned same material to beam and ground plane, just check it once. If you have assigned same material to both then when u click on beam it should show ground also and vice versa.
just check it ok.

Hello

I have taken the same materials for ground and beam but still I had that problem. So right now whats your field of work? Do you have experience in HFSS designing tool ?

Thanx for your reply :)

Regards
Bandana

Hey Bandana,

can u plse send me your file . I will check it. I dont know HFSS , but I know Coventorware. I am working on RF MEMS switches.

hi

that's really good that u r working in the same field. right now i don't have that file..i will send you on friday.

by the way are u doing masters ?

Regards
Bandana

Dear all friends, i am facing problems on coventor ware regarding simple hole beam structure. plz can u tell me what is the exact way out of it.........which type of meshing i should use 4 it........when i m making rectangular hole then manhaton briks are doin well but probs arise when it is circular hole..i tried it with tetrahedral with 130 and more element size but probs remains same....plz help me out............waiting 4 ur valuable response..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back