Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Memory instance simulator settings : ULTRASIM/HSIM/HSPICE ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierre13

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I would like to know what are the simulator settings you use for a "memory instance" simulation (transient simu of ~5ns), with just the checking of an output bit, for the sensing operation.

My memory instance is a the smallest instance in terms of bitcells. It means it's "far" below than 1M bits.
Of course there is a "MUX strategy" inside the memory instance, and for the sensing, there is a "sense amplifier + comparator", plus a "biasgen and a clkgen" blocks, and I would say all these three must be simulated at analog point of view.

The simu results, I am checking, are more or less :
-output bit of the comparator
-2 inputs of the sense amplifier (one input coming from the ref and the other from the sensed bitcell)
-clk signals

I am using the following settings :

-ULTRASIM (Cadence) :
usim_opt speed=6
usim_opt sim_mode=a inst= sense_amplifier_block or I can put the three blocks (SA, clkgen, bisagen) as analog. The simu results are almost the same.

-Hsim (SYNOPSYS) :
.param HSIMANALOG=3 so it means for all the blocks

If I set other values, than the default ones, for the parameters : HSIMSPICE and HSIMSPEED, the simu results are garbage.

-HSPICE (SYNOPSYS) :
MAXORD=1 so euler integration method : it happens to simulate once, after some long hours.

My issue, is that I have different results according ot the simulator settings, and I am not sure of which ones are golden.

thanks for any help and have a nice day !

P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back