Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Memory accessing problem - changing the boot code

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmax

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Memory accessing prolem

Hi ,

My memory got corrupted at the begining.But all the other sectors are good.Because of the problem at the starting address.I cant able to use my memory.So I like to change my reset address to somewhere else in the middle.I think this can be done by changing the boot code.Can anybody help me how to change my bootcode or is there any alternative method.Do anyone have notes regarding this.

Thanks in advance ,

Max

Are you talking 'bout your PC-memory ? If yes, I'd throw that memory away as far as I could. You can't guarantee that this defect memory segment is only used during PC's boot-sequence. Sorry but that can't be a good idea.

Mik

Hi ,
I'm talking about my Hard disk.Hard disk starting sectors got corrupted but all the other parts of 1 GB is good.

You can use the NORTON GHOST to edit the harddisk fat, the bad tracks mark it not use, and the other mark it as use, and use NORTON GHOST to fdisk and format the harddisk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back