Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

meLabs Epic - Programming Configuration Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chien_fu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
configuration programming error

I'm using the epic programmer with ZIF and meLabs software to program. I'm trying to program the 12F629. I can read the chip just fine (seemingly). It reads all "0000"'s. The "Blank Check" tells me that the chip is not blank.

When I try to erase the chip it gives me a "Configuration Programming Error". This is the same for the 16F84 and the 16F877.

Anyone have this problem? I've heard that they can be temperamental, but I've tried 20-30 times in a row with no success. Parallel cable is a home-brew but checks out alright.

epic programming

EPIC troubleshooting says "0000" means the device is code protected? I get these 0000's on every device I read. These chips have been sitting around for a few years, but I haven't had anything like this the last time I used from this batch.

melabs programmer

i think it is worth a try that if in case u r using usb powered programmer ,, then try connecting to a different usb port or plug-out any other usb device in use.. it is because 16f84 and many other require much more power thts why it cannot erase or blank check properly .. i also had the same problem but solved when i tried tht method..

Added after 3 minutes:

sry i missed the last sentence regarding 'parallel cable'... as u r programming through parallel port then the external power supply tht u r using might not be able to give the current required so try changing the power supply..i hope it works

Status
Not open for further replies.