Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Medical Embedded Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang82

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,

Can anyone please help with applications of embedded systems in the Medical Domain. I am a recent graduate and looking to see the kind of jobs that go with this domain. If not then what is your advice and suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.

Medical equipment manufacturers face hard challenges. While the business pressures of time, cost and quality intensify, the regulatory environment is becoming ever more stringent. To meet the relentless demand to "do more with less," developers are rapidly adopting an UML-based Model Driven Development (MDD) methodology. This approach enables them to graphically model their requirements and their application, link the two so that requirements managed in a tool such as Telelogic DOORS® can be traced to specific components of the design thereby ensuring that all requirements are met. The application model can be simulated to catch defects early and then code and test vectors can be automatically generated to boost developer productivity.

Telelogic working closely with medical equipment manufacturers understands their special needs and offers products and services which have proven value in solving the problems of embedded

Thanks for the info. I was also looking more at getting some outlook of the field and its scope if anybody has any information.

agree with JABEZ.S.DAVID, telelogic is a powerful tool in mediacal applications, but that's just for requirements and their links to the test cases.

If I did understood your question, that you where asking of possible application of Embedded Systems in the medical Domain ?
Medical image processing or let me just use the real word DSP in 2D or 3D.
This is a kind of pattern recognition and signal processing thing. I am saying that cuz while working as a student at Siemens Medical (Computer Tomography) needs much knowledge of DSP and image processing in Embedded devieces.
Hope I did answer your question partly.

try to search texas instrument website..
it can give u some idea about medical embedded system

Radio Scanners, etc. interesting area because the development require SIL3, SIL4 products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back