Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mechanical design tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamed.elsabagh

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody

I would like to ask about mechanical design tips to reduce the cost of the design, for example I heard that adding a lot of curves or fillets in the design increases the cost significantly, is this right??
Another thing I want to know, is a good and cheap mechanical manufacturer, I prefer in shenzen because I am going there soon. I want to give them my designs in solid work to produce them, it's my first time so I don't have much experience I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Plastic? Metal?
What materials are yo going to be using...
How are they going to be made...

Reactions: m7mood

m7mood

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Plastic injected moulded parts?
Cast metal parts, investment casting, machined? etc etc
Sory to keep asking questions but your origionel request is open ended, like how long is a piece of string.

Plastic injected moulded parts?
Cast metal parts, investment casting, machined? etc etc
Sory to keep asking questions but your origionel request is open ended, like how long is a piece of string.

No problem actually your questions are very helpful and important, because I don't have the experience in mechanical production. Could you please give me a hint about the different way of casting metal. For plastic I think injecting molded parts is what I am going to do, but is there any method other than that???. My aim also is to reduce the cost in production and maintaining reasonable level of quality.

Reactions: m7mood

m7mood

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Plastic is a whole new world, there are so many types of plastics that all have thier own properties and uses. I have used a few for different applications, I will try and find my links as its over 3 years now since I did a plastic injected part.
Plastics also open up a whole new world af assembly techinques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back