Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mechanical buttons to digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcom12

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone , i need to make this schematic to use mcu control , not buttons 20210217_195202.jpg
Mcu part is not a problem for me but i am not exactly sure what type of transistors i need , resistor for them and so on . I make measurements :

12v to A2 or D3 - 0.005A
Between D2 and D3 there is 5 volt , D2 is positive and when is connected without resistor - 0.017A . I need my control to be mcu pin - 5V on / 0V off .

Most processors these days have optional pullups and pull down R's in the GPIO
pin interfaces, so all you do is (for pullup) connect switch from pin to ground,
and of course write debounce code to handle mechanical switch bounce problems.

Some processors even have debounce hardware in them like this -

1614623689118.png

Of course there is always capacitive sense versus mechanical button for button implementation.
Many MCUs have those facilities these days. Most C touch (commonly called CapSense) have the
debouncers built internally in the HW as well.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

I'm afraid this makes no sense. What do you mean "12v to A2 or D3"? There's no connection between those two circuits. How does .005 A flow? How does .017 amp flow when you connect 5V between D2 and D3? There's no path. You've got 12V on D3, and 5V between D2 and D3 and D2 is positive; that means D3 is 7V or is it 17V? D2 is positive with respect to what?

Hi , this is switches , i connect 12v to A2 and next to D3 and measure current flow . D2 is positive respect to D3 . These pins A2 , D3 and so are car Ecu pins . I want to remove mechanical buttons like in the schematic that upload and switches to be controlled by mcu .
--- Updated ---

@danadakk i want to remove mechanical buttons and control via mcu .

Last edited:

Hi,

It seems none of the two nodes is connected to supply/GND, thus I'd use an analog switch like DG441.
Maybe look for switches with less R_on.

Klaus

Hi , yes i also think so . None of them is connected to GND
--- Updated ---

@KlausST ADG453BRZ is with low R on and i will use it for connection for D2-D3 that needs low Ron but what i need to connect to ADG Vdd pin ? And basically how to connect it ?

Last edited:

HI,
And basically how to connect it ?
What do you expect from us?
We just have the tiny information you give. How can we know about your power supplies and GND and so on .... when you don't show it.
We have no information about the target circuit nor about your microcontroller circuit.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.