Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring the Slew Rate - test setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

bababui

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Slew Rate

Hello,
I am trying to check the slew rate of my two stage differential input and single output amplifier. And I just want to make sure I'm seting up the test correctly.
I connected the opamp in unity gain configuration ( shorted negative input to output), and connected V common mode to the positive terminal. Now, do I just apply a square wave to the negative input? I'm a bit confused about that because it's also shorted to the output.

Re: Slew Rate

bababui said:
Hello,
Now, do I just apply a square wave to the negative input? I'm a bit confused about that because it's also shorted to the output.

And exactly that´s the reason to feed the step into the positive input.

Re: Slew Rate

yes, I'm embarrassed, thank you. I'll think before I ask next time.

Slew Rate

Hi babaui,
If you desire to measure it more exactly; you can find such good circuits by Linear Technology & National Semi - Applications Books...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.