Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring the linearity of a switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

christianlillebrekke

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Has anyone got any tips on how to measure the linearity of a switch, without using a complete switchcap circuit.

I need to compare the linearity of two bootstrapped switches. :)

Christian

You can simply simulate the on-resistance of the switches as a function of the input voltage. Apply a small fixed Vds (e.g. 100 mV) over the switch and get its ratio to the switch current. You will see then the variation of R which causes non-linearity

I have simulated the on-resistance, but isn`t non-linearity caused by both on-resistance and junction capacitances? The dominating of them is determined by the output impedance of the source. I would like to get a plot of the harmonic distortion (2nd and 3rd harmonic) versus the output impedance of the source.
How can I do this in ELDO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back