Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Measuring the axial ratio of an antenna in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Positron89

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Measuring the axial ratio and Ludwig Coordinate system of an antenna in CST

Hello everyone,
I've designed an elliptical patch antenna in CST which works in the frequency of 5.8GHz. But I'm having problems determining whether it is radiating in circular polarization. If I'm not mistaken, for circular polarization the axial ratio must be 1 and if in ludwig coordinates, the field of vertical and horizontal must be in the same value. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm having problems at reading the axial ratio value and for the ludwig coordinates, is it referring to the Gain(Horizo.) and Gain(Vertic.) ?

I've include some attachments :-

Axial.png
Ludwig 3 Horizontal.png
Ludwig 3 Vertical.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Hi Positron,

I have seen your post and i saw that you have solved as you marked it, so i have faced the same problem as you posted in the figures of your attachment, the axial ratio in my spiral antenna is very high 20dB so please can you guide me how to reduce the axial ratio or how to improve. your ideas and your guidance are highly appreciated.
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back