Status
Not open for further replies.

azarutz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi , i just started to measure power using microcontroller and i need some help . using zero crossing detector i sends two signal to microcontroller which was detected by ZCD zero crossing voltage and current. I stuck in programming part after that i dont know what to do . i read pic 16f877a microcontroller data sheet and i saw timer module , so i thought my work will be in that timer module and i got some idea when 1st signal(zero crossing by voltage) arrives to controller it starts to count and 2nd signal (zero crossing by current) arrives to controller it stops the count , my doubt is how to program the timer module to count the difference . is it need interrupt?. please tell me how to use timer for my application .

Confusing.
power is voltage * current .
so u can use analog input to read voltage and store it for say 1sec then read current from same input and multiply .
what is timing got to do here ?

Hi dselec , i need to calculate power factor too . so i am going this way .. i need some help in timer programming to calculate the difference between two signal which was detected by zero crossing detector ..

Hi dselec , i need to calculate power factor too . so i am going this way .. i need some help in timer programming to calculate the difference between two signal which was detected by zero crossing detector ..

If pf=1 then at 50hz ...5msec between voltage and current zero cross output.
so why cant u load say 60msec and down count .. stopping the timer when current gives zero cross ..by the result reading the count u can know if pf more or less than 1. positive or negative .

My friend use CT (current transformer) as sensor for AC current for DC use Hall Sensor.

See this project :
**broken link removed**

Also here is another project :

Attachments

• !!! AVR465 Energy Meter ATMega88.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…