Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring power consumption on memory block

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokmin

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know how to measure power dissipation of memory block from sdf format?
My design is work with sram block, and I need information how much power is being consumed in memory block.
Please give me some information about this problem. I am mainly working with Cadence and Synopsys tools.

THX.

Ok that is the upper bound. But the real power would depend strong on activity. So I suggest that not all nodes a switching. But from my old SRAM knowdledge I would calculate as follows:

If you have all nets avaible form SDF! You should make classes with different activities.

Address Decoder Lines: 0.5
Row Word Lines: 1/#WLs
Precharge Driver: 1
Bitlines: 0.5

If the SRAM is big there are possible power based predecoding technics which activate only different subblocks.

All these calculations are depend on the architecture of the SRAM. So it is much easier to read the doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back