Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

measuring input impedance of a RFID tag in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgiovo

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Input impedance

I have to measure the input impedance variation (with frequency) of a RFID tag (a simple circuit) from the antenna's terminals (call them in1 and in2). How should I do this in ADS? I tried with a termination between the inputs and with a HB simulation, but I get weird results.

Thanks for help.

Input impedance

Nobody? Impossible.
Maybe the wrong section?

Re: Input impedance

Why don't you calculate "Zin = (1+S11)*Z0/(1-S11)"?
(Z0 represents the characteristic Impedance)

Input impedance

First of all, thanks for your answer.

For Z0 you mean 50 ohms? In my circuit, anyway, I don't make use of transmission lines, it is just made of lumped components.

And what about S11? It is a two-terminal network, so I believe one should use S12 or S21 instead.

Re: Input impedance

Z0 is the characteristic impedance of feed line.
You can use the equation for any 2-port passive circuit because the reflection coefficients are directly linked the impedance.

If you want to know the detail of the circuit,you assume the equivalent circuit and optimize it.
In this case,Sij (i,j=1,2) is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.