Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

measuring hall voltage using multimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
To measure the voltage drop across the sensor, connect the multimeter in parallel to the hall.

- - - Updated - - -

To measure the voltage drop across the sensor, connect the multimeter in parallel to the hall.

Reactions: vamsee

vamsee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi thanx for the reply.. i want to know how to connect 3 pin hall sensor with the HBM ML01 DAQ board.. Please see the attachment.

Pls tell me the wiring procedure as well..

thanq hall.PNG

The picture you attached is not clearly showing on my browser, why not check the datasheet of the sensor to know and confirm how to effectively use the sensor. Nowadays datasheets come with circuits on how to use the component under reference.

Connect the power supply to the appropriate Hall sensor pins.

Depending on the type of sensor you have, you might need a pull-up resistor on the 3rd output pin --- check the spec sheets !!

Measure the voltage between 3rd pin & GND with your meter.

Reactions: vamsee

vamsee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Connect the power supply to the appropriate Hall sensor pins.

Depending on the type of sensor you have, you might need a pull-up resistor on the 3rd output pin --- check the spec sheets !!

Measure the voltage between 3rd pin & GND with your meter.

If I connect my hall sensor to the DAQ, then the hall sensor gets the power from the DAQ itself.. am i correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.