Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measurement of time delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunti

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone tell me how to measure the propagation delay of a circuit?

Found **broken link removed** after a quick search on propagation delay measurement. Hope it helps.

John

I want to measure it using cadence and is it a compulsion that we need to use only a square wave to measur it?

I want to measure it using cadence and is it a compulsion that we need to use only a square wave to measur it?

You can measure the delay of any knid of wave in cadence by using the calculator...
If you don't know how to use it, definitely I will help you out...

Hi bunti,
yes u are correct. You need to apply a square wave in cadence spectre with some nonzero rise time and fall time (rise time ~ 1/100 th of the time period: e.g. if you apply time period of 1ns, set rise time and fall time of 1 or 10 ps) and plot both the output and this square wave in the same plotting window. Then measure 50% - 50% of the signals------- this will be your propagation delay of the ckt....

Status
Not open for further replies.