Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

measured data to simulated graph in sonnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

chailingleow

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI Everyone,

Anyone know how to add measured data to simulated graph in sonnet so that measured and simulated all in a graph?

I wish to plot the graph using simulation tools and not by exporting sonnet data outside and plot it in excel.Anyone have idea?

Rgds,
Chai Ling

Yes. Actually it is really easy (if you know the trick!). First, open a plot of your project (your simulated data). Then select File -> Add File. This opens up a browse window. Now for the trick: In the "Files of Type" section in the bottom of this window, select "All Files". Now files of all types will be shown. Now, simply find your measured data file and double-click it.

You'll also want to make sure your measured data file is in Touchstone format.

BTW, if you are plotting measured vs simulated, I am sure we would all like to see it :).

Hi Joe,

I already plotted it in excel..so many graph to analyze.. so painstaking do it one night already..I havt tried ur trick yet,time is running out..anyone who perform the trick successfully pls reply here..

I think other users not so interested in my results right?:)They are so busy on their own.Thanks.Have a nice day!

Rgds,
Chai Ling

Hi,

Well, I think that this format is not suitable for Sonnet inport. Touchstone SnP files are the only non-native file type supported.

flyhigh

I just did a google search on the .prn format. Agilent seems to say these files are meant to be read in to spreadsheet programs like Microsoft Excel (similar to a csv file), and not meant to be read back in by CAD programs such as ADS or Sonnet. This was what I found:

**broken link removed**

Sir Manju taught:

Most of the Network analyser equipments have Touchstone format (*.snp) option...

if your equipment connected to LAN then use AWR Microwave Office -TestWave to pull the measured equipment data in Touchstone format directly & it automatically embedds to your current project

Then if you have Microwave Office-TestWave on a machine which is connected to network (LAN) then you can directly read the data file to MWO....

just change the IP Address on the Network Analyser which is in same series as lab machin

Oh you can plug in your machine or laptop to your LAB Network (LAN),..

OK...then you have to manually save the measured traces to touchstone format...
or make sure you have Softplot tool on your lab machine...

Softplot from Aphena can read the measurement data from network analyser & then export into touchstone otr other excel formats...

https://www.softplot.com/

https://www.softplot.com/spt-vna.htm

Hello,

Yes, Using AWR OEM product TestWave or Softplot for Microwave Office (MWO) from Aphena links are given below

https://web.awrcorp.com/Products/Other_Products/index.php?bullet_id=7

https://www.softplot.com/

One can embedd or capture the Network Analyser S-parameter measured Data file (in touchstone format)
of a DUT, directly in MWO & then one can plot or even use this as a subcircuit model in any other schematic or
design...

The same file can be exported as touchstone S-parameter file to other EDA tools such as Sonnet, etc....
for Circuit or netlist analysis...

The TestWave or softplot tool integrates MWO software with a wide variety of popular
test equipment from manufacturers such as: Anritsu Wiltron, Rohde & Schwarz, Marconi Instruments,
Fluke/Philips, Tektronix, Boonton, LeCroy, Yokogawa, IFR, Wandel & Goltermann, Advantest,
Hewlett Packard and Agilent Technologies.

Equipment types supported by the TestWave product
include network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, modulation analyzers, and oscilloscopes.

The TestWave or softplot software integrates test and measurement equipment with both VSS and MWO simulators over RS-232, GPIB, or LAN.

---manju---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back