Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measure Resistor By Using Softwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

siekiam

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

The purpose of the project is to check the value of a resistor. since the resistor have 10 colour and with different value, its hard to memories by some user. so, i wish to develope a softwave to helping this type of user whos hard to memories the resistor colour code.

But unfortunately, i don't know what's softwave is most suitable to use in this purposed project.

Anyone could give me some suggestion and idea how to develope this project.

How to hear from you all soon.

Thanks.
Siekiam

Connect two resistors in series one of which is unknown and the other is unit resistance. Across unity resistanc connect FET circuit and ADC, so that the analog voltage is converted to digital and get that data from the parallel port of computer. Write and c program which calculates resistance as follows
Voltage connected to the circuit is predefined.
so Resistace=(V-voltage across unity)/(numerically voltage acorss untiy).

Hi

Why do more when you could do less?

just make a GUI and let the user select the resistor marking no of bands "How many color rings arround the risistor"
then let the user enter the colors in order from silver or gold color ring

then calculate the resistance .

And display it to the user.

a program to be completed in 15 min if you know ang programming language

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www.i-g.org

If you want to measure a resistor, the common way is to have a constant current generator and measure the voltage across the resistor.
R = V/I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back