Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measure high frequency up to 2GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

haohaodk46

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want measure microcontroller to meaure high frequency up to 2Ghz.How can I measure it !thanks

Micro controller can't work on 2GHZ.you can use dividers in between to down convert the frequency to MCU working range..

Thank.I have use prescaler frequency IC.I use MC12079 but only divider 256 factor.I want divide down to measured frequency of microcontroller .what method you known ?

2GHz / 256 = 7.8MHz, which is within the range of many MCUs. There are plenty of projects online that show how to use a PIC to measure up to 50MHz. If your 256 prescaler is used it would allow measurement up to 12.8GHz.

My Project is measure a bandwidth frequency interval a time not a sigle frequency.And use FFT algorithm.Therefor i cảnt use couter to measure frequency.I want divider with factor higher than to work easy.Thanks!

Do Anyone know divider frequency from 2Ghz down to 1-2 Mhz ?

I think you can use the internal divider of an inexpensive PLL (f.i. ADF4116) or a DDS (f.i. AD9956)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back