Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

measure a distance using radio frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

ysng

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
measure distance radio

does anybody know how to measure distance using radio frequency method?
let said, i have a RF transmitter located at point A transmit a 100Mhz signal, and a receiver located at point B.
is it possible to know the distance between point A and point B by using calculation?

measuring distance radio frequency

Dear,

It is simple.You send a pulsed rf signal at Point A and receive it at Point B.with time
difference between send & receive you can calculate the distance.but your transmitter

controller & receiver processor must be synchronized.for example you can have
2 real time clocks,one @ A & another @B.in Tranmitter controller @ Point A you

can use a time table to send rf pulses,@ point B you know the transmitter time table
and when you receive rf pulse you can calculate the time difference and calculate

distance(by multiply time difference to light speed).but you must be careful,every
1us error in time gives you about 300meters error in distance.

Good Luck!

pseudo-random pulsed rf

Look into how GPS and LORAN works. You can transmit a pseudo random noise code and from that you can get a timestamp and measure code phase for distance.

measuring distance with frequency

in my project i use a microcontroller to calculate the distance. RF is propagate with light propagation speed.. is there any microcontroller have the ability to respond so fast?

measuring the distance using rf signal

If you know the gains of transmistter and receiver antenna u can use Friis transmission equation to measure the distance usinf RF

radio frequency in distance

I really interested in this topic. Is there any rf module to send and recieve this wave???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back