Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

Meaning of routing and pin assignment for UART

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am trying to understand the link between the two parts of this UART example code which is taken from the link bellow.
At first we set PORT C pint 1 to be RX input and port C pin 0 as output(push pull amplified)
What exactly happens next in the USART-> ROUTE line?
I see bitwise OR but i can see how its linked to the locations we defined previosly.
Thanks.
1593799541477.png

FvM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For an detailed explanation, read the processor reference manual. In a short, writing to the USART1->ROUTE register is activating the above configured pins. The processor as several sets of dedicated GPIO pins that can be selected for the USART by a specific location code. The present code is apparently using default location 0, unless the LOC bits in USART1->ROUTE haven't been set differently before.

1593860399012.png

yefj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Toggle Sidebar

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor