Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mean, variance, and standard deviation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricalpeople

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone please explain me about the mean, variance and standard deviation of signals(speech signals) and why they are so much important in analyzing a signal? and also the type of distribution like Gaussian or non-Gaussian? and what do you mean by independent components of a signal?

Thanks in advance.

This signal properties are basically for random signals. Mostly signal can be statistically represented based on some distribution. Thus the distribution and its attribute help us understand the nature of the signal and often used correct prediction. You can have an idea about mean, variance and standard deviation in this Random Processes: Mean and Variance.

One matrix with M elements being δᵢᵤ (i,u=1,2,..,M) and δᵢᵤ= δ*ᵤᵢ Assume δᵢᵤ is i.i.d. with zero-mean and variance σ2..i need can u help me how to find?

- - - Updated - - -

no one :( ???

Try harder reformulating your homework questions, so we can properly redirect you to the required textbook. Right now all you have is a gibberish thread hijack that makes it quite hard to guess what the hell you are even on about. In general, try Linear Algebra books by Gilbert Strang, that guy knows his stuff.

i want to make by it a matlab simulation..do u know a matrix like that?

I know lots of matrices. Do you?

See previous: really try harder explaining your exact problem. Then just before you hit send, read your own reply, then go think harder about how you can write it even clearer. Assume the recipients of the message are moderately interested at best, bordering on disinterested. Then make it an even better description, and post that. :p The better the problem explanation, the better the answer. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back