Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MCU & tools for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

air

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I used PIC for a little while. The devices and tools I used are PIC16F84A and PIC16F877A, MPLAB, BoostC compiler and ICD2. The reason I use them is that they are all low cost and easy for learning. The only item cost about $90 is ICD2. The softwares have no restriction and limitation on code size. I am very satisfied with such a combination.

Now, I want to learn AVR. But I don't know which divices are better to start with. The free software avrgcc attract me a lot. I want to ask anyone who would like to share his/her experiences on any aspect of or recommend me the devices, debugger,simulator, IDE, compiler... the whole set solution for AVR development from low cost and fairly good quality perspective and the tips on software setting up etc. .

It is welcome to give similar idea for other MCUs like ARM, 51, MC, MSP430 and PowerPC....such that make this thread a collection of this topic which will help individuals and beginners.

Regards

Hai,

ARM simulators :u can use ARM developer suite 1.1 with comes Angel debugger.

But u have to buy a compatible target board. Ex: EB 40 from ATMEL

For porting with RTOS u can use SMX . U can get free evaluation kit from their web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.