Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MCU input question

Hello friends.
I have a question :
how can I connect a 12v DC wire that may be positive or negative to a input pin of PIC MCU with no polarity change ?
(I connected 470k resistor but no change see)(the another problem of me is in pullup 10k resistor of MCU input pin that change my polarity)
Thanks for answers.
Best Regards.

Re: MCU input question

Is your signal analog or digital? Is it a standard communication bus (such as RS232)?

You might have to use a opamps (or comparators) to bring the signal into the range where PIC can sense it.

rezaf

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

I have a DC motor that rotate clockwise and counter clockwise and I want connect a wire of it to MCU to know motor direction and do afew works according to direction of motor (to increase or decrease the number of hall effect sensor pulses) .

rezaf said:
I have a DC motor that rotate clockwise and counter clockwise and I want connect a wire of it to MCU to know motor direction and do afew works according to direction of motor (to increase or decrease the number of hall effect sensor pulses) .

use opto couplers. this option is safest..

rezaf

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.