Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MCM68764 direct pin equivalent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, what is the direct pin equivalent of the old MCM68764 eprom?
The 2764 eprom is 8k too but is not pin compatible.

You may want to consider a small plug-in PCB adapter with a SMT device installed. I think finding a pin compatible version of this device will be difficult if not impossible.

Reactions: neazoi

neazoi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Is there any programmer that could program this chip?

Sorry, I wasn't clear but the SMT device is a 2764-style EPROM that should be programmable with your original MCM68764 programmer -- I believe the programming levels are compatible. The key thing is that you match the original footprint with a small PCB that has pins like the original IC. The SMT IC is mounted on this PCB and thus should act just like your original part.

Sorry, I wasn't clear but the SMT device is a 2764-style EPROM that should be programmable with your original MCM68764 programmer -- I believe the programming levels are compatible. The key thing is that you match the original footprint with a small PCB that has pins like the original IC. The SMT IC is mounted on this PCB and thus should act just like your original part.

Thank you. I know these adapter solutions, this eprom can be substituted of course.
I do not have a programmer yet so I need to buy one that can support this eprom as well, to avoid having to make an adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back