Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Maze Solving Robot - Papers Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SquiD_

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'll soon start working at a maze solving robot. And right now I'm trying as much as possible to search the proper algorithm that will stand at the base of my future code. So I'm asking you guys for some papers or something related that will help me. :smile:

Thanks in advance,

-SQD-

Let me be more specific now. I want the robot to first evaluate the maze (with walls) by consistently moving around (turns left & right, back and forward) until it reaches the end. But I want it to be able to remember the shortest route which can be recalled at a later date. Did anyone read a practical implementation (paper) of such a robot ?

-SQD-

You could try A* or B*. you could get more info from Wiki about A* search algorithm. For collision avoidance along the path you could use Vector field Histogram(VFH). We tried A* with VFH some time back and it worked well.

Regards

I've had lots of good feedback about these two:

**broken link removed**
A walk through of the line maze algorithm.

**broken link removed**
A PowerPoint slide show, in PDF format that takes you through the line maze algorithm in great detail. I make this a "Must read" for my students building line maze robots.

Reactions: _SquiD_

_SquiD_

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.