Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

may i confirm the EM tools used in MWO is 2.5 D MOM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

egliu

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
method of MWO EM tools

may i confirm the EM tools used in MWO is 2.5 D MOM?

Yes, you are correct.
They actaully like to call it planar 3D instead of 2.5D.

2.5 D

The reason for calling 2.5D is that only planar green function is used and vertical variation is not consider.

But I assume it can handle multiple layers and vias? I hope so since that's what I have been looking at lately.

just as it can handle plane multilayers and vias, it is called 2.5D, but not 2D.

MWO Multiple layer performance

Multiple layer performance and vias in MWO is not so accurate. CST MWS is *MUCH* better here based on our experience.

toonafishy said:
But I assume it can handle multiple layers and vias? I hope so since that's what I have been looking at lately.

If you have small vias, I don't see the reason MWS is much better. I think small via is a big trouble for time domain method.

via size

In 2.5D ensemble, the via hole is assumed to be a infinite thin even you draw a big one. but I can not sure if the same assumption is in MWO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back