Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Maximum number of AHB Slave/ Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amba AHB can eventually support a maximum of 16 co processors maximum.... Since 4 lines are used to communicate with external devices and other lines are dedicated to interact with the internal peripherals.....

only for that purpose AMBA architecture was restricted to ARM7 and later processors were developed with AMBA -AXI bus and the AMBA architecture were improved in the further releases

what is this AMBA architecture i know abt ARM but wat are AMBA & AHB...

Hi ckshivaram,

"Amba AHB can eventually support a maximum of 16 co processors maximum.... Since 4 lines are used to communicate with external devices and other lines are dedicated to interact with the internal peripherals.....
only for that purpose AMBA architecture was restricted to ARM7 and later processors were developed with AMBA -AXI bus and the AMBA architecture were improved in the further releases"

Its depend on Latest bus architecture implemented in ARM processor or any other solution

Can anyone tell me that what are the advantages of I2C over AMBA or vice-versa?

You cannot compare I2c and AMBA bus... the question is not relevant as they are completely different architecture..

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Amba Bus is much more advanced architecture which interconnects core to peripherals via vpb bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back