Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Maximum frequency for D-SUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

irum4

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need datasheet or URL on D-SUB (DB25) connector with maximum used frequency

Manufacturers don't tell us maximum frequency of D-SUB. I have never seen that info. But you can see 9-pin D-SUB in gigabit devices. Try to look for "GBIC"... You will see. 8O
The main thing (IMHO) - connector must have as more as possible air and as less as possible plastic.

several factors

It depends also upon your signals, RF narrow band or digital baseband.

There is no effort to reduce crosstalk in these connectors or to equalize the line lengths or to make them any specific impedance between adjacent conductors (to form differential lines).

You can do some experimenting with them to see if they meet your needs. Make two PC cards with the D connectors ad edge connections. Have traces to the pins. Put pulses or sine waves on one line and see if what you get on the other end and on other traces are acceptable.

The experimental method does not approach me. I should (I want) to matter frequencies (digital) which is authorized to be transferred through this socket

irum4 said:
The experimental method does not approach me. I should (I want) to matter frequencies (digital) which is authorized to be transferred through this socket
Agree with you. Try to ask a manufacturer directly. Let me know if you have an answer. I'm sure that will be nothing concrete. They specify fequency only for RF connectors.
I think, you should look for DSUB connector which has its pins free from plastic as more as possible. Plastic cause the surface currents on the high frequencies. I have already used common DB-9 for gigabit design and haven't got any problems. It's more important to attend on right PCB design.

1 Гбіт через DB9 - це круто 8O
1Gbit through DB9 - its great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back