Status
Not open for further replies.

contau

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, What is the maximum frequency of NXP 74HC393N?. In Datasheet, the max is 106 Mhz. I used it for prescaler, the clock up to 108-110Mhz. Can i get bigger frequency?

I guess you can't use it.
Operation within the spec is required to reduce the future trouble.

Reactions: contau

contau

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I guess you can't use it.
Operation within the spec is required to reduce the future trouble.
Thank u for answer. I want to know the maximum clock of 74hc393 even larger than in spec. The max i test is 110 Mhz. I don't know the limit of clock. Anyone can tell me know?

Such limits are usually fuzzy, can differ from device to device, temperature and sometime i hear jokes about phase of moon can affect it.
I have seen commercial design with microwave prescaler chip used beyond limit, but i think that it was because there was no other choice available on the market at that time.

Or 74VHC - 170MHz. There are a lot of different 74xx variants out there with different speeds. It should be easy to find one fast enough.

Keith

Or 74VHC - 170MHz. There are a lot of different 74xx variants out there with different speeds. It should be easy to find one fast enough.

Keith
Maybe easy for u but not for me. I have only 74hc393N, so i try to get the fastest clock as it can.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, when running beyond limit, the frequecy is easy to "drift". But i don't know the moon can make it change(^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…