Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

maximum charging current for seald lead acid batteries????

Status
Not open for further replies.

d@nny

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My battery is rated as (6V,12Ah/20HR) . Two batteries are connected in serial to provide 12 volt . Please tells me its safe charging current and the fully charged voltages while in attached in series?

what type of battery is it? NiMH or lead-acid or Li-ion there are quite a few out there

*edit* sorry i didnt read the lead acid part on the topic. take look a this link: DIY Lead Acid Battery Charger

Last edited:

An useful grafical guidance :

**broken link removed**
+++

The two cells when in series make s 12 volt source. Thus assume you have 12 volts 12 amps battery. The charger needs to have an potput of 13.5 or 13.8 volts to get it charged and the battery voltage may rise up to that level white bieng charged. As the capacity 12 Ah, the safe limit is 10% of it ie, 1.2 amps for charging.
Cheers

My battery is rated as (6V,12Ah/20HR) . Two batteries are connected in serial to provide 12 volt . Please tells me its safe charging current and the fully charged voltages while in attached in series?

safe charging current 7.5 % of total capacity (20 AH) = 1.5amp

You'll find different numbers depending on the battery type and charging method. Another standard specification, that can be e.g. found with Panasonic batteries is 0.15 C charge current for trickle charge and 0.4 C in cycle use.

Status
Not open for further replies.