Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] max_leakage_power violation when using Compile Ultra in Design Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

noureddine-as

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm synthesizing an RTL block using Design Compiler, for an ASIC target. After analyzing and elaborating the design, then specifying some parameters (clock, input/output delays, operating conditions, wire model, ...) I perform compilation.

Usually I use this one:
Code:
compile -exact_map -ungroup_all

But since I needed to retime internal registers to satisfy a higher frequency constraint, plus apply clock-gating to reduce power consumption, I replaced that line with:
Code:
compile_ultra -exact_map -retime -gate_clock

However, I always get a max_leakage_power violation at the end (details below), while all the other constraints are met. Can this problem affect my future analyses? especially power analysis (in PrimeTime) in the next steps? should I worry about it? and what could I do to resolve that?
Code:
    Constraint                                       Cost
    -----------------------------------------------------
    max_transition                                 0.0000 (MET)
    max_capacitance                                0.0000 (MET)
    max_delay/setup                                0.0000 (MET)
    sequential_clock_pulse_width                   0.0000 (MET)
    critical_range                                 0.0000 (MET)
    max_leakage_power                              0.0079 (VIOLATED)

Thanks in advance.

Check your max_leakage_power constraint - maybe it is too tight? Do not think, that this violation may affect your future analyses. By the way, did you switch on leakage power optimization?

It only means you specified a budget for leakage that was too tight. Fix it and rerun synthesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back