Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Max3100 problem with SPI communication with PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoang1487

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
max3100

I have some problems interface with max3100 through SPI. I used SPI of PIC18F4620 to interface with max3100 and connect the pins TX,RX of max 3100 to RX,TX of PIC respectively. I successfully write and read the configuration register. For the write data, I successfully write the first byte of write data 0b10000000 and the return value is 0x42, after that I write 0xA2 but what I received is 0x00. I'm not sure about the Dxt and Dxr in the write command, are they the same? I think that there is something wrong with my crystal, I used 3.6864 crystal with 33pF capacitor. How can I check that the crystal works or not?

max 3100

hi,

Haven't used that chip - but if you google it there is a good bit of info out there.

To prove the xtal is good, just conect it to your pic chip and change the config - then flash a led on a 1 sec delay, based on that frequency - if it actually flashes at 1 sec then its working to spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.