Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

matrix inverse in vhdl

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedomar_2000

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
first ,thanks a lot for all who reply me. aruipksni, thank you for the program , i didn't try it yet, but i will . just i want to ask you , which method used in this program ,is it a gaussian elimination ? in fact i have to do the matrix inverse in many ways using VHDL , and then compare between them( execution time ,area ,number of resources ) ,this is a part from my project . i wrote a program before a short time and i used QR decomposition which based on gram shmidt algorithm, but this method requires a lot of operations like additions, subtraction ,division , and square root ,i used the core generator for calculating the division and square root ,but that causes a lot of delay for calculation, so the frequency was very bad , i thought to use the lookup tables for calculation instead of core generator ,but i don't have idea about using the lookup table also i use a 12 bit representation for the matrix elements (fixed point), and i think that will take a lot of area ,i am stuck here ,i searched every where in the net but can't find any vhdl code for calculating the matrix inverse ,and iam also a beginner in vhdl , finally i knew about this web site , so i hope to find the help from you .thanks

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I suggest getting reading on digital design as a first step. Without understanding the basics, you wont have a chance trying to understand how to convert and algorithm to use on an FPGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.