Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab Vs Labview means matlab is better for simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_hanks

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab vs labview

What is better ..
Matlab or Labview...
can you share the difference..
including cost, portablity, target market, software issue

Thanks,
Tom

matlab or labview

I'm only a little familiar with LabView, but not Matlab.

Labview is designed so that external censors can be connected to a computer through a interface that works with Labview. It also takes time to learn because you can program it - not with lines of code as in other programming languages, but rather by a graphical programming interface. Pretty weird if you ask me.

If Matlab can do the same (read from external censors) i frankly don't know.

The downside with Labwiev as far as I have heard is it's licensing issue. It MUST be connected to a licensing server on the web in order to work.

labview matlab

From my experience, if you're looking to interface with other hardware LabView is extremely convenient. It contains an extensive library of interfaces making communication and interfacing extremely easy and quick - whether your talking about some mystery hardware or computers over the internet.

I cannot speak much for Simulink, as I am not terribly familiar with it. But, I would venture to guess that labview is more convenient in terms of communicating and controlling other hardware systems - since that is a key focus in it's functionality.

Additionally if you are talking strictly about using matlab's math engine and functions, there is support for that in LabView as well. You can do, as far as I know, any processing you can do in matlab with labview's matlab interface. Labview's built in math functions are a bit clunky to use, in my opinion.

As for portability labview can be recompiled on any system that can run LabView - and your programs can be compiled into distributable executables as well.

My typical approach is to use labview for interfacing and GUI building; interfacing it with matlab for more serious processing functions.

labview u

if you are more concerned with last steps like signal processing and extraction.. go for labview...

matlab need basics understanding,, before proceeding further.. some algo
so its needs time..
vastness of MATLAB in compare to labview u knowing i think...

labview interface hardware

minhdo said:
From my experience, if you're looking to interface with other hardware LabView is extremely convenient. It contains an extensive library of interfaces making communication and interfacing extremely easy and quick - whether your talking about some mystery hardware or computers over the internet.

I cannot speak much for Simulink, as I am not terribly familiar with it. But, I would venture to guess that labview is more convenient in terms of communicating and controlling other hardware systems - since that is a key focus in it's functionality.

Additionally if you are talking strictly about using matlab's math engine and functions, there is support for that in LabView as well. You can do, as far as I know, any processing you can do in matlab with labview's matlab interface. Labview's built in math functions are a bit clunky to use, in my opinion.

As for portability labview can be recompiled on any system that can run LabView - and your programs can be compiled into distributable executables as well.

My typical approach is to use labview for interfacing and GUI building; interfacing it with matlab for more serious processing functions.

Are MATLAB and LabVIEW easy to interface or would It makes sense for a beginner to stick to one Language for GUI,signal processing, DAQ etc ? I've used both languages a bit for course work, but not for a larger project.

run labview programs on matlab

in my experience i suggest you MATLAB, cus it's more professional and stronger than LABView.
for example the simulink in MATLAB is a tool that i've never seen in any other softwares.
programming with it is easier.
if you want to start to learn you will find a lot of interesting things in MATLAB.
in this software you can find a lot of toolbox that separated by field that you are studying. you won't be regret if you learn MATLAB.
it's my opinion.

lab view compared to other programming languages

mehrdadf said:
in my experience i suggest you MATLAB, cus it's more professional and stronger than LABView.
for example the simulink in MATLAB is a tool that i've never seen in any other softwares.
programming with it is easier.
if you want to start to learn you will find a lot of interesting things in MATLAB.
in this software you can find a lot of toolbox that separated by field that you are studying. you won't be regret if you learn MATLAB.
it's my opinion.

Labview has got too many toolbox. And Above all its user friendly. There is no conventional programing in labview.And this is the biggest advantage.

similarity of matlab with other softwares

matlab is more professional and well known so you can find more help from the net thab labview.
Labview is recently known the basic point behind it is its interactive GUI interface ( you have oscope thermometer.....) and hardware interfaces. It will take more time to learn since it is somehow complicated and the examples on the net are rare.
But I think if you manage to learn labview it will be mor fun to work with. Everything is there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back