Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab Stem Functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicstudent

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I have never done a lot with Matlab but have an assignment to do the requires me to use stem functions to investigate natural sampling of a single base band frequency. I have got the sampling frequency done using the stem functions but am not sure how to go about combing the two. The info signal is a 10 KHz sine wave and the sampling frequency is 50 KHz. The result should be a sinc function with the spectral lines shifted by 10KHz, can any one tell me how i do this in Matlab, and if so can you please dumb it down as Im almost unfamiliar with Matlab.

Code:
fSampling = 50000;   % 50Khz Sampling Frequency
fSignal = 10000;
t = 0:1/fSampling:1;
xSignal = sin(2*pi*fSignal*t);
plot(t(1:50),xSignal(1:50))
stem(t(1:50),xSignal(1:50))

Simple Use of Stem and Plot Function

Plot Function Plot
Plot_Function.png

Stem Function Plot
stem_Function.png

Sampling Frequency > 2*Signal Frequency

Hi there, ty for your reply. I have to be able to view that sine wave in the frequency domain and use stem functions to do this. I then have to do the same for the sampling frequency. I then have to convolve these two stem functions together for a result. I understand these from a theory point of view but am unable to do so using matlab.

thanks in advance
~Conor

Hi there, ty for your reply. I have to be able to view that sine wave in the frequency domain and use stem functions to do this. I then have to do the same for the sampling frequency. I then have to convolve these two stem functions together for a result. I understand these from a theory point of view but am unable to do so using matlab.

thanks in advance
~Conor

Sorry I didn't get what you want to do...

If u are able to explain me properly then i can help u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back