Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab: Real time signal processing using DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

habibparacha

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to interface a data acquisition card in matlab, which I have successfully done using the Data acquisition toolbox. The DAC is of National instrument it is displaying the data on the scope perfectly. The problem is that the values that I am acquiring from the DAC I want to do some real time signal processing on these signals.
How can I do that. I want to check the signals as soon as they come into the matlab. Does this thing will be easier on Simulink or will it be more easier in the M. file.

Kindly help

it is easy in M file.
but you have to miss the data during processsing time.
steps will be
acquire data
apply algo steps
see results "(plot or serially)
again acquire data
so on

But the thing I want is I don't want to loose any part of my data. Matlab is a powerful tool it must have something so that we can do real time signal processing. I mean running two m files together or some tool box that can do the task.

Regards,
Habib Paracha

You can try xPC Target (this is also a product from Mathworks). The primary purpose of xPC Target is to help testing MATLAB/Simulink models in real-time.

Rgds,
Calenosa

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back