Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MATLAB or OpenCV for Human Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkn0wn

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
opencv matlab

I am working to implement a human tracking system for multiple cameras with non-overlapping field of views.

I propose to use multiple webcams for real-time acquisition and processing of the video; tracking the persons maintaining their unique identities; also making the system less effected by illumination, calibration, etc.

Which software should I use for this purpose?

MATLAB or Intel's OpenCV Library?

Will MATLAB be able to handle the computation requirements for this system in real-time?

OR

Should I use OpenCV as the only option!

A secondary and less important factor might be that I don't have experience of working with Visual C++ (I have worked in Turbo C); and the learning curve will be less in MATLAB as compared to Visual C++ and OpenCV; I have worked in MATLAB and have seen few tutorials on "Video and Image Processing Toolbox".

When u want to say it is real time capture from video camera I dont think matlab will be useful. With the help of openCV there is provision to connect camera(but another challenging process).Taking only ur algorithm part it can be implemented in both.

When u r migrating to a final target platform i think openCV libraries can be included which will make the task more easier(like handling ur frames etc.,).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back