Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

matlab fractional derivative

Status
Not open for further replies.

rntsay

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab derivative

little matlab demo of fractional derivative..enjoy

N=256;
t=pi*[-N:N-1]/N;
f=exp(-(t.^2)/(0.5));
f=f-mean(f);
F=fftshift(fft(f));
figure(1);clf;set(gcf,'Renderer','zbuffer');
for n=0:0.1:4
Fn=(j*t).^n .* F;
fn=ifft(fftshift(Fn));fn=fn/max(abs(fn));plot(real(fn));
text(20,1.0,sprintf('%0.2f',n));
grid on;axis( [0 2*N -1.2 1.2]);
axis square;drawnow;
end;

creatively acquired from :

https://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~farid/research/fracderiv.html

fractional calculus matlab

Hi, rntsay!
I'm also interested in so-called fractional calculus, we will see if it's really interesting for us...
Look in attached file.
More comments on this topic are welcome!!!
Best regards,
Eirp

fractional derivative matlab

There is a book:

The Fractional Calculus by Keith B. Oldman and Jerome Spanier
Academic Press 1974

It is an intuitive introduction to this subject.

Reactions: mou2c

mou2c

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
matlab and derivative

I read through this paper and to be honest it looks more like a curiosity than anything substantial. If the object is to study symmetries and invariances of maxwell's equations (as an aid in simplifying some field calculations), then I'm sure I've seen better settings for the problem than here...but these can sometimes be too theoretical. If I remember right,for example, maxwell's equations (in vaccum) are inavariant under all conformal transformations (which include lorentz transformations), they are also invariant under "duality" (E,B) -> (B,-E) In the presence of sources (currents and charges) the symmetries are different, but I don't remember the details of that. So maybe conformal symmetries is a
better subject to look at than fractional calculus, unless fractional
differentiation is actually conformal!...my math isn't good enough to answer that. Come to think of it my physics knowledge isn't that good in this area either, so maybe you shouldn't quote me on any of the above!

r.n.

derivative matlab

boy said:
There is a book:

The Fractional Calculus by Keith B. Oldman and Jerome Spanier
Academic Press 1974

It is an intuitive introduction to this subject.

Hi, boy!

Please, do you have it?
Can you scan&share? I'll very appreciate it!!
Thanks,
Eirp

Dear all, fractional calculus is nowadays very useful for solving the problems of control system, soft condense matter etc.. to know more you can go through the book "MATHEMATICO--PHYSICS OF GENERALIZED CALCULUS" by SHANTANU DAS (BARC, INDIA).
thank you...

---------- Post added at 06:28 ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 ----------

but i want some more basics of fractional calculus.. if anyone have anything pls share..

some ppts of fractional calculus by Mr. Shantanu Das (Scientist,BARC) are attached. if any one interested please go through...

Attachments

• Shantanu Das.zip
    13.3 MB · Views: 130

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back