Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab controlling ANSYS Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kato

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to control ANSYS' Designer with Matlab

The following is a working command which draws a polygon:

invoke(oEditor,'CreatePolygon', {'NAME:Contents', 'polyGeometry:=', {'Name:=','Dipole_Top_Arm','LayerName:=','Dipole_Trace','lw:=','0mm','n:=',5,'U:=','mm', 'x:=',0.5,'y:=',1,'x:=',2,'y:=',1,'x:=',5,'y:=',10,'x:=',-5,'y:=',10,'x:=',-2,'y:=',1,'x:=',0.5, 'y:=',1}}); (1)

As one can see, the command has a section which defines the number of points <<'n:=',5>> and another section that defines the coordinates of the points

<<'x:=',0.5,'y:=',1,'x:=',2,'y:=',1,'x:=',5,'y:=',10,'x:=',-5,'y:=',10,'x:=',-2,'y:=',1,'x:=',0.5, 'y:=',1}>> (2)

Since the number of points is a variable, I need to be able to define a number of coordinate sets, which I could define as an array, something like

A(1)='x:=',0.5,'y:=',1
A(2)='x:=',2,'y:=',1 … etc

and then rather than writing the series above (2), just A, like

invoke(oEditor,'CreatePolygon', {'NAME:Contents', 'polyGeometry:=', {'Name:=','Dipole_Top_Arm','LayerName:=','Dipole_Trace','lw:=','0mm','n:=',5,'U:=','mm', A}})

All my attemps failed. One of them is

A{1}=strcat(q,'x:=',q,num2str(0.5),v,q,'y:=',q,num2str(1),q,v); where

q=char(39) <<'>>
v=char(44) <<,>>

Any ideas?

I haven't used Designer before, But I used to use script to control HFSS. I guess they are similar. So I suggest you can use the script record function to generate the script by Designer itself. Then you can edit this auto-generated script according to your requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back