Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab Code for Band structure of Metal PBG using FDTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashubhu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab pbg

Hi all,
i am a new comer in the area of photonics. i want to analyse the band structure of Metal photonic crystal (2D) using FDTD. Have anyone Matlab code for it?Plz send me that code i shall be highly obliged to him. My email is: riashu.singh(at)gmail.com

thanks

matlab code for band structure

IF YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH LINUX, I recommend to use mpb and meep for your simulations,they are REALLY FAST and free. you can find them on MIT website

fdtd metal

Hi Sohrab,
Thanks for your kind suggestion.
Sohrab, I am not too much aware of LINUX. I have tried once before to install the meep and mpb but i could not get success in that. Plz suggest me the steps of installation of these softwares.
One more thing i want to know that with these softwares, Can i determine the Band structures for METAL structures ?????

mpb matlab

One more thing i want to know that with these softwares, Can i determine the Band structures for METAL structures ?????
yes you can

I am not too much aware of LINUX. I have tried once before to install the meep and mpb but i could not get success in that. Plz suggest me the steps of installation of these softwares.
there are manuals for mpb at http://ab-initio.mit.edu/wiki/index.php/MIT_Photonic_Bands and meep at http://ab-initio.mit.edu/wiki/index.php/Meep ,also there is forum for each of these softwares, you can subscribe to them, i'm sure you can find most answers to most of your questions, unfortunattly it is not that easy, it took me almost two months to learn install them,learn linux,learn how to work with these softwares. but installing them on Debian linux is much easier, there are compiled packages for this purpose and it gets much easier if you have a wideband internet connection available on that debian,

[/u]

meep ftdt forum

Thanks sohrab,
i think this much your suggestion will be msot useful for me. Thanks a lot..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back