Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab 6 and TMS320C6711 on inverted pendulum project

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumei

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
inverted pendulum matlab

I am using TMS320C6211 DSK, a Code Composer Studio DSK of version C600 1.23 together with Matlab 6. This DSK has two I/O ports, each having 80 pins. The problem that I face is that I have no idea how to connect from these I/O pins to my cart carrying a pendulum (I have a L293DNE[TI] H-bridge,a 6V DC motor and a two channel optical encoder HEDS-5600[Farnell] connected to my pendulum).
Besides that, I can't run the confidence test successfully in my DOS command. It says that it could not detect my board, when at that time i had connected the cables from DSK to my PC. Why do these happens??What's the problem??
Can you guys give me some advice please???
Thank you very much!!!!!!I do appreciate your help. 8O

inverted pendulum project

sumei,

I don't really have an answer to your problem but I do have the same one. The project your working on is almost identical to mine. I'm also working on an inverted pendulum with the 6711. I'll be speaking with a ti guy today. I'll let you know on anything I find out. Keep in touch.

sumei

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
inverted pendulum- projects

ezealot,

Previously I am using this 6711 DSK, but, now I find that another TMS320F2812 is evan better suitable for my inverted pendulum project. However, this F2812 can only be supported by Matlab 7 not Matlab6. F2812 is designed to control motors, and I find it easy to link it with Matlab 7 and my cart.
Another thing I wanted to ask you is that did you get to calculate your DC brush motor's constants?& how do you calculate the transfer function by applying PID controller??
Hope you can help me up.....thankx a lot!!!!!!! :>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back