Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Math operations on Q format data

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmreddy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i need good reference material or C code that performs arithmetic operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division on signed Q10 or Q15 data format considering issues like overflow, underflow, trunctation and roudn-off that may arise during operations ....

seeking ur help ...

Added after 2 minutes:

i am having a data set that is floating point which i have successfully conveted to Q12 fomat. now i want to perform some math operations but i m running short of time to think abt logic and various bugs that may arise due to oveflow and underflow ...
so plz plz either give me material which is accurate enough to read once and implement straight away provide me with C code PLz plz ...

thanking u in advance ,,,

hello,
could anyone tell how to check whether an underflow has occured or not in subtraction or division of fixed point data ....

Status
Not open for further replies.