Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Materials about designing robot and C/C++ code for programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

allurz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI GUYZ,

I NEED SOME HELPING MATERIAL REGARDING ROBOTICS. WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN A PROJECT TO MAKE A ROBOT WHICH WILL BE CONTROLLED WITH THE COMPUTER SO I NEED SOME HELPING MATERIAL REGARDING DESIGNING AND IF POSSIBLE THEN THE C/C++ CODE FOR IT TO PROGRAM THE MOCROCONTROLLER.

Re: ROBOT PROJECT

Search the Eda books forum for books on robotics, if u need assistance in a specific matter, I'd suggest u describe what ur robot is supposed to do??

hmm..

that good..

you can make line follower...

in which robot will have sensors and follow the line thourgh sensors..

coding part you have to make or
you have to search properly on net you will definitley get at least some help..

all the best.. :idea:

well this robot will be controled by computer and will be having wheel architecture. but the problem is that sketch is some how clear but the CODE to program the micro controller that is required to interact the parts with the computer and also we want to control the movement of wrist by which we will be able to pick or drop some thing....

so for this if any body have proper link just paste here......

allurz said:
well this robot will be controled by computer and will be having wheel architecture. but the problem is that sketch is some how clear but the CODE to program the micro controller that is required to interact the parts with the computer and also we want to control the movement of wrist by which we will be able to pick or drop some thing....

so for this if any body have proper link just paste here......

well, I didn’t have made robot personally but this is just my guessing and try to help you..

according to me, if you want to put(computer) then you can put.
and If you will use sensor then i think no need of computer..
bcoz robot(let take an example a car) will follow the line using sensor.
suppose there is black paper having white lines and if you are using color sensor
then it will follow based on this. such thing i have seen in science fair.

What do you mean wheel architecture..??

BTW, your idea is also good.
here if you are using wireless keypad then no need of Computer else you need computer to give an input to the robot.
first please complete only one part then think for other.
either complete line following or wrist hand control of robot.

please cross check my answers as i am also new to robotics.
please let me know if i am wrong somewhere..
thank you

well Thanx for taking interest in discussion...well i m not using line sensors rather gonna use computer for that we have to make one PCB on which we will put our microcontroller PIC18F.

secondly...wheel architecture means that the moving parts like shoulder and legs and wrist etc will be having saw wheel stuff not ball bearings.....

so since there is hell of programming involve so thats why I need some proper help in it.

PCB designing is not a big issue coz it will be done by using OrCAD but the programming of microcontoller is the crook so plz send or tell me some thing if u can.

ok..

i can help you for flow program..
but for that i need to know more detail of you project.

=> can you please tell me which operations you want to perform by your robot..??
so based on that you can do step ahead towards programming.

=> what will be the approximate weight and height of you robot..?? because based on that you have to make power circuits and have to take of balancing.

these ques. aries in my mind now..
later on we can go on further discussion...
simply i want to clear the picture of robot which you are imaging..

WELL the functions will be that it should walk/move in front and can move his arm to pick n drop something....

well height is almost 1-2 feet max not bigger than that.

allurz said:
WELL the functions will be that it should walk/move in front and can move his arm to pick n drop something....

well height is almost 1-2 feet max not bigger than that.

hope so you will take care of power consuming side.
actually it is also important because if your programme is complete but your Circuit is not able to move your robot then its meaningless.

you have to divide the functions like

--> select direction
--> wait for balance
--> move step forward
--> move step back

for both- hands and legs functions will be same expect some limitations due to mechanism.

please let me know if i am going wrong because i am just following your imagination and trying to share the logic, thoughts and trying to help you.

please cross check the answers and thoughts with real situations because some time we are thinking it should be happen but it doesnt due to some limitations of machines.

allurz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

well your imagination is ok but dont u think that it gonna make really complex. what do you think of this that we use wheels instead of typical leg movement which can really gonna resolve the issues of balance and leg movement and concenterate on the arm movement.

like robot should have wheels which gonna be controlled through computer operated micro controller and arms movement we can concenterate though.

allurz said:
well your imagination is ok but dont u think that it gonna make really complex. what do you think of this that we use wheels instead of typical leg movement which can really gonna resolve the issues of balance and leg movement and concenterate on the arm movement.

like robot should have wheels which gonna be controlled through computer operated micro controller and arms movement we can concenterate though.

thanks..

well.. its true that wheel mechanism will make easy to walk operation and movement of robot
but then also you need to follow the same way and
you have to to control wheel more accurately than steps.
i will say you please select wheel. i liked your idea.
after all depends on you because you are going to make it..
i'll be the just clapping person after your success..:D

ya that is what i gonna do because while discussing with you this thing came into my mind and we can control the wheen movement by putting some transformer and controlling the flow of current through micro controller.....ok with this circuit designing will become more focused but that is better than that on involving many small small things with great chances of various errors....

what u say...:D

allurz said:
ya that is what i gonna do because while discussing with you this thing came into my mind and we can control the wheen movement by putting some transformer and controlling the flow of current through micro controller.....ok

i dont think so you need to do that.
you can do it by simply putting stepper motor and control its rpm that's it.
similar way you can follow in your robot's hand operation..
what do you day..??
am i right..??

with this circuit designing will become more focused but that is better than that on involving many small small things with great chances of various errors....
what u say...:D

sorry,.. but i didnt understand..
what do you want to say.. :(

well its ok..i was thinking in some different way....n e ways..thanx for sharing thoughts c ya..

allurz said:
well its ok..i was thinking in some different way....n e ways..thanx for sharing thoughts c ya..

hello allurz,

where did you reached..???
can you please tell, what is the status of the prjoect...??

ROBOT PROJECT

Yes, and please, inform me too. I'm in the same line of making a robot like that.

Yamazaki said:
Yes, and please, inform me too. I'm in the same line of making a robot like that.

he is not came back.
if you want to continue then please let me know whats you have done till today..
whats the staus of your project..??

Status
Not open for further replies.