Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Material about the design of Network Analyzer front end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yolande_yj

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone give me a link or material talking about the design of Network Analyzer front end? How can it achieve wide band, high dynamic range and high sensitivity? Thanks.

HP has a patent on the 8753A VNA which is something like 400 pages....includes the complete firmware source too.

Go to the USPTO site to look it up.

Basically, it's a multi-channel superhet with a low-IF (20 or 100 khz for example).

yolande_yj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I just checked the website, but can not find it. Can you give me the link? Thanks

no, i am sorry, but i looked at it years ago....i don't recall the patent number.

however, i don't understand why you would have trouble finding it.

just enter search-term of "vector network analyzer" or something similar; and also limit responses to those only from Assignee of "hewlett packard".

you might also want to study VNA patents from Wiltron....they have done some good work in modernizing the breed....making nice handheld-size VNA's. A very very detailed patent from Wiltron is...

"Apparatus and method for measuring the phase and magnitude of microwave signals , United States Patent 5524281"

I use this site for patent searching:

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/search.html

key in "vector network analyzer" as search-term, and you get 284 hits. That's a good number....plenty of material, but not too many to wade through... :D

good luck...

yolande_yj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back