Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matching considerations

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodrigoSP

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask your opinion on a layout matching topic, since I hear different comments about it from time to time, and also change my mind about it all the time.
Consider you have the following two possibilities for a matching array:

Version 1:
A B A B
B A B A

Version 2:
A B B A
B A A B

What are your opinions on which array is the best, in general? Not looking into specific cases here.
What would be, in your understanding, the advantages and disavantages of each version? Is one better than the other?

Thanks in advance and best regards

In my opinion, they are equal. Make distortion on Y-axis and X-axis and see that both matchings compensate the distortion in the same way. For example distortion on X-axis (rises in the right direction by 1):
1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4

and the distortion on Y-axis (rises down by 1):
0 0 0 0
1 1 1 1

Sometimes one pattern is "better" than other, because it is easier to lay down (make a layout).

for what so call "perfectly matching", version 1 is considered the best for all non-ideal effects. i did meet this pattern once in sub-threshold design.
however, for common practice, we usually refer version 2 for simpler routing -> less time consumption, less extract wire coupling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back